|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||58%|
|Total Carbohydrate 82g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This plum crumble, or plum crisp contains fresh plums topped with a fabulous crumb mixture. The easy topping is made with a lightly spiced mixture of flour, sugar, and butter.
This is an excellent way to use fresh plums, and other fruits may be added to the plum mixture. Add some sliced pears, nectarines, apricots, or peaches to the fruit filling. Or add some blueberries. Or replace the plums with pluots (plum-apricot hybrid fruits).
To make single-serve desserts, divide the filling and topping among 4 to 6 buttered ramekins.
- 3 pounds fresh plums (pitted, quartered, about 5 cups)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup/4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 375 F. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
Combine plums and brown sugar, stirring well to blend.
Spoon the plum mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Sift together the flour, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Add the beaten egg, stirring lightly with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the plums and then drizzle with the melted butter.
Bake the plum crumble for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the plums are tender and the topping is lightly browned.
Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
- Bake in 4 to 6 individual ramekins to make single-serve desserts. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake as directed. They may take less time, so check after about 30 minutes.
- Replace about one-third of the plums with sliced pears, apricots, or nectarines.
- Replace the plums with pluots (a cross between a plum and an apricot).