This dessert sauce recipe makes a perfect topping for ice cream, cheesecakes, and all kinds of chocolate desserts. Not only does it taste fresh, sweet and tart all at the same time, it's fast and easy to make.
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries (rinsed)
- 1/3 cup sugar (granulated)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer. Reduce the heat to low, and cook, often stirring, until the berries become very soft about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Strain the sauce through a fine strainer set over a bowl to remove the seeds. Be sure to press firmly to get all the juice. The mixture will slightly thicken as it cools.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl then cover and refrigerate until needed.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|