This tasty salsa is an excellent choice to serve with tacos or burritos, or serve alongside grilled chicken or fish. Salsa is surprisingly easy to make and goes with the taste profile of many southern foods. With a little chopping and dicing, you can always have salsa available as a snack or a side.
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced purple onion
- 2 to 3 jalapeno or serrano chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well to blend.
- Store in refrigerator for use within a day or two or puree in the blender and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with grilled chicken or fish, or along with burritos, tacos, or other Mexican-style meals.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|