For a simple, delicious dish using fresh ingredients, try these tomato slices topped with basil and salt and pepper. Prepare these tomatoes about 30 minutes before serving and allow them to come to room temperature.
- 2 large tomatoes
- Dash salt
- Dash freshly ground pepper
- 4 large basil leaves (chopped or rolled and sliced thinly (chiffonade))
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette (or salad dressing)
- Slice tomatoes; arrange on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then the chopped basil.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Serve with vinaigrette, salad dressing, grated cheese, or serve as is.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|