This simple tomato sauce is a delicious way to use fresh garden tomatoes. The sauce is seasoned with a little fresh basil and olive oil, along with garlic.
If you don't like the taste of uncooked garlic, saute it for a minute or two in the olive oil. Let it cool and add it to the sauce.
- If desired, peel tomatoes; remove seeds, straining juice into a bowl. Save the juice and discard seeds.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, tomatoes with juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and basil. Pulse quickly to chop roughly. Pulse more for a smoother sauce, if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl, add salt and pepper and let stand to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water following package directions until just tender, drain and toss hot with the marinated tomato sauce.
- If hotter spaghetti is desired, heat the sauce just until hot on stovetop or in microwave.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|