Creating a fabulously healthy, sugar-free diet starts with having essential staples in your freezer and fridge. You don't need to purchase everything all at once but little but little each week add a few more things to your freezer and fridge. Here's my list of all things needed to make the most of your new lifestyle. All these weekly staples you keep on hand will make life a whole lot easier when you want to make a new recipe or recreate a family favorite sugar-free.
It might seem like an exhaustive list but if you have a family with children this list is essential to providing healthy, homemade snacks and wholesome meals for all of you. If it's just you at home, just consider the weekly menu plan you want to make and make your shopping list for just those recipes you'd like to try. Weekly meal planning is another key tool to ensuring you'll stick to your new sugar-free lifestyle and not fall prey to drive through take-out meals.
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage Cheese
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Sour cream
- Yogurt, plain, unsweetened
- Romaine Lettuce
- Sweet Peppers
- Almond Milk, unsweetened
- Coconut Milk
- Deli meat
- Ground beef, turkey
- Sugar-Free Salad dressing
- Sugar-Free Ketchup
- Frozen Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Frozen Green Leafy vegetables (spinach, kale, swiss chard)
- Frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
- Turkey and/or beef and veggie burgers
- Low Carb frozen breads, bagels, waffles, tortillas
- Frozen Grilled chicken breasts
- Frozen Fish fillets
Do you have your pantry staples? If not make sure to include as many items for your pantry each week you shop so you'll have everything you need to make wonderful recipes for yourself and your family.
Here's a list of some easy to follow and fabulous recipes using these very staples!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Mug Cake
- Sugar-Free Red-Velvet Molten Lava Mug Cake
- Carrot Cake for Two
- Sugar-Free Raspberry Buttercream Candy