These easy fried oysters are deep fried to perfection with a cornmeal coating.
Serve these crispy fried oysters with tartar sauce, remoulade sauce, or cocktail sauce. Add coleslaw and fries to your menu, or split a French bread baguette and make a po' boy sandwich with them!
- 24 to 36 oysters, raw, well drained, dried
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Drain oysters. In a bowl, beat eggs; add drained oysters and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornmeal, sugar, salt, pepper and flour.
- Dip oysters in cornmeal mixture and fry in batches in deep hot oil or shortening -- at about 370 F -- until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cajun Seasoned Fried Oysters - Replace 1 teaspoon of salt with 1 teaspoon of a Cajun or Creole seasoning blend.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|