- 2/3 to 1 pound fresh padrón peppers
- 2 cups (1/2 liter) virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Rinse the peppers under cold water and dry thoroughly. Leave the stems on the peppers.
- Pour about 2 cups of olive oil into a 10-inch frying pan and heat on medium. When the oil is hot, place some of the whole peppers into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, making sure to cook on both sides. Continue to fry the peppers in batches and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle fried peppers with coarse salt and serve warm.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||108 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||79 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|