Green and red peppers with garlic make this easy tapa. Clean and cut peppers into large squares, then fry with garlic. Serve with rustic bread.
- 2 Long green mild peppers, such as Anaheim or Pasilla type
- 2 Red bell peppers
- 3 Large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin Spanish olive oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the peppers and cut off stems. Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and veins. Then, cut into large pieces. You should end up with pieces about 1.5” square.
- Peel the garlic cloves and cut in halves.
- Pour olive oil into a large frying pan. Heat on medium high. When hot, put peppers and garlic into the frying pan and fry. Stir often, until peppers are soft. Salt to taste.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|