- 3/4 pound yellow squash (about 2 medium, cubed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion (grated)
- Oil (for frying)
- Add squash to a saucepan and cover with salted water. Cook, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash enough squash to make 1 cup. Combine squash and egg and blend well.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt, stir well. Add squash mixture and onions, stir until blended.
- Drop squash mixture by level tablespoon into hot oil. Cook until golden brown, turning once.
Makes about 2 dozen.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|