Here is an interesting Jägermeister cocktail that many people will enjoy, especially those who are fans of the powerful liqueur. The fright night in the grove recipe mixes Jäger with aged tequila for an unforgettable drink. While it's a great candidate for Halloween parties, it would also be nice anytime you want a cocktail with that piles on the flavor.
The recipe comes from Jägermeister and is a terrific use for the herbal German liqueur. It takes center stage, far outweighing the reposado tequila, which is an interesting twist that works out surprisingly well. Adding a little grapefruit juice for a tart flavor and the sweetness of simple syrup rounds off the experience perfectly. It is, arguably, one of the more impressive and refreshing Jäger drinks you'll have the pleasure of drinking.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the Jägermeister, tequila, simple syrup, and grapefruit juice.
Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a pinch of salt.
Serve and enjoy!
- Simple syrup can be purchased at many grocery and liquor stores. It's very easy to make the syrup at home, though, because it simply requires sugar, water, and about 15 minutes of your time. Going that route can cost just a few cents per batch.
- Squeezing a single grapefruit should yield between 5 and 6 ounces of juice. You'll have plenty for multiple drinks, so share the experience with a few friends or store the excess in the refrigerator.
- Pour a blanco tequila if you prefer or if it's all you have stocked in your bar. At just 1/2 ounce, the difference is not going to make a huge impact on the cocktail's taste.
- Serving this drink up in a cocktail glass is a great way to fancy up the presentation—it makes a great digestif to enjoy after dinner. Chill the glass first to ensure the drink stays cold.
- Rather than adding a pinch of salt at the end, rim half the glass with salt. It adds a sort of margarita spin and by only doing half, you can sip from the salted or unsalted side as you see fit.
How Strong Is a Fright Night in the Grove Cocktail?