|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 14g|
|Vitamin C 77mg||383%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The drink itself is like a vodka-cranberry slushy, and it's rather good on its own. It's only when you add the "frog" that things get fun. The "frog" in this drink is a couple of lime wheels that are only lightly blended with the other ingredients. This creates the idea of an old witches brew with pieces and parts floating around inside. The trick is to avoid blending until smooth as you normally would for margaritas and daiquiris. You simply want to chop things up and mix them together a bit.
Gather the ingredients.
In a blender, place the vodka, cranberry juice, lime wheels, and ice.
Blend for 3 to 5 seconds, just enough to chop everything up.
Pour into a chilled hurricane or margarita glass. Serve and enjoy.
- One cup of ice is about five or six of the average ice cubes, or you can start out with a cup of crushed ice.
- The recipe makes a 10-ounce drink, so you will need a large glass. The other option is to split it into two smaller glasses, even pouring it into cocktail glasses if you like.
- Play up that witch's brew concept by adding a few berries, grapes, or apple slices to the blender for even more unknown creature bodies inside your brew. Adding a lychee eyeball once the drink's in the glass ups the creepy factor.
- Pour vodka of any flavor to add an extra dimension. Any fruit vodka will pair nicely with the cranberry juice.
- You can also have fun with dark-colored vodkas like espresso or chocolate vodka, or a deep purple vodka like Van Gogh Açai-Blueberry. Blavod is a black vodka that will really add a spooky twist. UV Vodka's colored vodkas (particularly UV Blue and UV Green) can add some extra fun, too.
- Vodka is not required! Switch out the liquor if you want. Rum and tequila are perfect choices for this drink.
- Similarly, you can use any fruit juice you want. Take the frog in a blender concept and just roll with it to create your own custom mix!
How Strong Is a Frog in a Blender?
The frog in a blender is a relatively light cocktail. Its alcohol content is the same as most blended drinks, falling right around 8 percent ABV (16 proof). That's in between beer and wine, though neither of those offers the novelty of this cocktail.