Nothing beats a cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day. Want to take that traditional, American beverage to the next level? Then treat yourself with this delicious frozen version. It's easy to whip together in your blender and is so refreshing, sweet, and tangy that it is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any barbecue or backyard gathering you have. A great drink option for both kids and adults alike, you can enjoyed it all year round.
If you are of age, you can easily make this an alcoholic beverage by adding your favorite vodka to this recipe. If you're looking for some fun ways to jazz up this adult version, we recommend trying out flavored vodkas, like orange or strawberry, to make a delicious fruit-flavored adult treat. If you aren't a fan of vodka, white rum is an excellent choice!
It's important to use a strong blender that is capable of crushing ice for this frozen lemonade. Fresh squeezed lemon juice is also a really important factor when making this recipe taste fresh and bright. To add a bit of extra zing, add in a little lemon zest. Just make sure to wash the surface of the lemons well before zesting.
It looks really beautiful to serve this lemonade in frosted glasses. It also helps to keep the frozen drink from melting too quickly, especially in the summer heat. Just place the glasses in the freezer for an hour before you're ready to serve. Add some flair with beautiful lemon slices or rounds, or use another citrus garnish, for your glasses before enjoying your frosty treat!
- 8 cups of ice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 scoops of lemonade concentrate powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup sugar (white, granulated)
- Garnish: lemon slices
- Fill your blender with the 8 cups of ice. We recommend using a blender that has an ice crushing feature or one that can make smoothies and crush efficiently. Use the measurement on the blender to gauge how much ice to add.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice and add it to the blender. Make sure to pick out any seeds beforehand.
- Combine the lemonade concentrate powder with the water and sugar in a measuring cup. Stir the mixture to combine and dissolve some of the sugar. Add the liquid to the blender. Blend until completely smooth and crushed. If it is too thick, add a little bit of water.
- Serve the lemonade in a frosted glasses with lemon slices or rounds for garnish and enjoy immediately!
- If you are over 21 and are looking for a refreshing, spiked beverage, add 1/2 cup of a vodka of your choice to the blender and blend well. You can add a little more ice if it is too watery.