|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 57g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||26%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The banana daiquiri is a favorite among the many frozen cocktails you can mix up. It's almost as popular as the frozen lime daiquiri, strawberry daiquiri, and the piña colada, and it's an utterly delicious drink to enjoy one hot summer days.
This recipe is very straight-forward: Blend a whole banana and ice with the usual daiquiri ingredients of rum, triple sec, and lime juice. A little sugar is tossed in to sweeten it up ever so slightly and there are many fun twists you can add that take the popular banana cocktail to a new level.
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a blender.
Blend on low speed for a few seconds, then at high speed until smooth.
Pour contents into a chilled hurricane glass.
Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
Serve and enjoy!
- Bananas get sweeter as they ripen, so try to avoid the fruits that still have a little green on the peel. In fact, the daiquiri is a perfect use for fruits that are just a little too ripe but not quite ready to be relegated to banana bread.
- Slice your banana before adding it to the blender. You might even want to briefly blend the banana and ice before adding the liquid ingredients to ensure a smoother blend.
This is a very basic banana daiquiri recipe and it's open for experimentation. There are countless ways you can customize it to fit your mood or what's in the kitchen at the moment.
- Pour spice or aged rum instead of light rum for just a little more flavor. Coconut rum would be a great option as well.
- Turn this into a frozen banana margarita by switching from rum to tequila.
- Drizzle chocolate, caramel, or strawberry syrup on top for a sweet garnish.
- Add more fresh fruits, such as mango, papaya, pineapple, strawberry, or anything else you have stored in the crisper.
- Cut the ice in half and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or blend it up with chocolate or strawberry ice cream for a fun treat.
- Another way to make the mix a little creamier is to add 1 ounce of milk. You could even pour a cream liqueur like RumChata (it's a great pairing for bananas).
- Add a darker dimension by pouring amaretto or another nut-flavored liqueur like Frangelico. Fruit liqueurs are great options when you're low on fresh produce as well.
- Go all out and turn this into a banana split cocktail with chocolate and strawberry vodkas, pineapple juice, and vanilla ice cream!
How Strong Is a Banana Daiquiri?
As with all blended cocktails, estimating the alcohol content of the banana daiquiri is tricky because there are many factors involved and various adjustments you can make. However, it is generally a very light drink that will be somewhere in the 7 percent ABV (14 proof) range.