|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 3 to 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Frozen grapes make a refreshing and healthy snack you will find absolutely surprising and delightful. You'll still get that familiar grape flavor. But when frozen, grapes take on a texture that is almost like a sorbet. Indeed, this frozen grapes recipe is almost like little sorbet nibbles!
So simple and easy to make, frozen grapes are the perfect treat for everyone. Select the type of grape to get the taste you want—whether sweet or sour—to get the perfect snack to munch on.
A great treat for those hot summer days, frozen grapes are a burst of flavor when you bite into them. Still soft on the inside, but oh so deliciously sweet (or sour) and refreshing.
Please note that grapes can pose a choking hazard for children ages 5 and under. See the warning below for how to cut grapes properly for young children.
- 1 large bunch of seedless grapes (red or green)
Gather the ingredients.
Wash grapes and pat dry with a paper towel.
Line a baking sheet with paper towels. Place grapes on paper towels, trying to leave some space between them. Freeze until firm.
- It takes approximately four hours for grapes to freeze so be patient while waiting, as it's worth it.
- Eat frozen grapes while they're still frozen. Don't let the grapes thaw, as they may become mushy.
- Frozen grapes are a great substitute in place of ice cubes for chilling your wine. You'll never have a watered-down drink again, plus you can enjoy a sweet treat while you're enjoying your favorite glass of wine.
- Use seedless grapes, as it won't be enjoyable biting on a seed in a frozen grape.
Selecting the Right Grapes to Freeze
When grapes are frozen, the sugar in them begins to crystallize thus making them sweeter or sourer. Choose the right grape for you and know that if the grape is already sweet it will become sweeter, if they're sour, you will get that biting sour taste. Most people enjoy the sweeter grapes.
- Roll the grapes in sugar before freezing, for a special, even sweeter touch.
How to Store
Place grapes in a freezer-safe bag to freeze where they will stay good for nine to twelve months.
Grapes - Choking Hazard for Young Children
Grapes of any kind can pose a choking hazard for children ages 5 and under. Cut grapes in half lengthwise and cut them again into 1/2-inch pieces for young children. Do not cut in half widthwise as they can still get lodged in little throats and cause them to choke.