|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Total Carbohydrate 68g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|Total Sugars 55g|
|Vitamin C 27mg||134%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There's something really cool—literally—about eating a dessert that tastes like a favorite summertime beverage. Enter the frozen lemonade pie, sometimes also called a lemonade icebox pie.
This simple summertime lemonade pie recipe couldn't be easier. It's made with three ingredients in the filling and a graham cracker crust that can either be store-bought or homemade. This version is made with sweetened condensed milk, but you can also make it with ice cream. Either way, this dessert is sweet, tangy, and doesn't need to be baked. It's hard to pass up a dessert like that when the weather is hot. Serve it after an afternoon of lots of grilled food.
Gather the ingredients.
Spread the mixture in the graham cracker pie crust; cover and freeze overnight or until completely set.
Take the pie out of the freezer about 15 minutes before serving time.
There are a few variations to this recipe.
- Try using a can of frozen limeade concentrate instead. Garnish with slices of fresh limes.
- Use a different kind of crumb crust, such as one made from vanilla wafers, shortbread cookies, or even gingersnaps are really great with lemons or limes.
- You can also substitute softened ice cream (vanilla would be a good start) and combine it with some of the frozen whipped topping, or use it instead of the sweetened condensed milk.
- Press the crust into the bottom of an 8-inch square pan instead, and turn this into frozen lemonade bars.
- Make these strawberry, blueberry, or raspberry lemonade pies by combining one of those fruits with a little bit of sugar in the food processor until it becomes sauce-like. Mix the saucy fruit concoction into the lemonade base. Garnish with fresh berries of your choice.
If you're having a hard time getting a knife through the pie, even if you've left it out at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing, do like the professionals at ice cream shops do with ice cream scoops: Run the knife under steaming hot water first. A hot knife will more easily glide through a frozen pie.
For extra flavor, add the zest of a lemon to the pie as you're combining the ingredients and garnish the top with more lemon zest.
How to Store Frozen Lemonade Pie
As you might suspect, this pie should be frozen. As long as it's covered, it should keep in the freezer for at least 4 or 5 days. Just make sure you remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for about 15 to 20 minutes, just enough to get a knife through it, before you try to cut it.