|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 12 to 16|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||26%|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|Total Sugars 31g|
|Vitamin C 4mg||21%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There's always a frozen fruit salad or gelatin salad on the Southern holiday table and this frozen pineapple cranberry salad is an excellent choice. Taking less than 30 minutes to make, you still have to plan ahead to let this dish have a chance to set in the refrigerator. Great to make ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight so you have your hands free the day of making the holiday feast.
A simple concoction of crushed pineapple, cranberry sauce, sour cream, whipped topping, confectioners sugar with pecans mixed in, this frozen fruit salad is refreshing, cool, and delicious. It's a nice addition to any holiday menu and the cranberries make it perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Feel free to replace the sour cream with more whipped topping or switch up the fruits. We have provided some variations below the recipe.
Gather the ingredients.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the drained pineapple, cranberry sauce, sour cream, whipped topping, confectioners' sugar, and pecans, if using.
Spoon the fruit mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Freeze the fruit salad for several hours or overnight, or until solid.
To serve, cut the frozen salad into squares and arrange on salad greens.
- For individual servings, freeze the salad in lightly greased muffin cups or ramekins.
- Freeze the salad in two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans. To serve, cut the frozen salad into 1-inch slices.
- The pecans or walnuts add a crunch to the salad, but you could also include a cup of halved seedless grapes, red or green.
- Some people like to add 2 to 3 cups of miniature marshmallows to their frozen fruit salad.
- For a bigger salad, add a well-drained can of fruit cocktail or diced peaches.
- Bananas can add extra sweetness and flavor—just stir a few mashed bananas into the mixture.
- Change it up for a refreshing summer salad that's perfect for a picnic day by using strawberries and blueberries in place of the cranberries and pineapple.
- Omit the sour cream and use all whipped cream.