If you were to combine all of your favorite summer flavors into one drink, you might come up with a similar cocktail to these frozen watermelon coconut mojitos. The classic Mojito gets a refresh with fresh watermelon and creamy coconut milk. Garnish this frozen fruity slushy with shredded coconut, lime wedges, mint sprigs, and watermelon wedges and enjoy it poolside or at your next warm weather event.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (or coconut cream)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, about 15 to 20
- 6 cups chopped watermelon (placed in the freezer overnight to freeze)
- 1/2 cup coconut rum (or more to taste)
- Garnish: shredded coconut
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Garnish: mint sprig
- Garnish: watermelon wedge
Gather the ingredients.
Combine the coconut milk or cream with the rum, lime juice and mint leaves in the blender and blend.
Add the frozen watermelon chunks a little at a time, blending until smooth but still slushie.
Adjust any ingredients to taste.
Pour the drinks then top with any combination of shredded coconut, a lime wedge, watermelon wedge, and sprig of mint.