These simple jelly candies can be made using almost any juice, as long as it has been strained (if necessary). Try making a few different varieties to serve together. Also, experiment with different shapes, and with rolling the jellies in sugar and leaving them plain.
- 4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup fruit juice (strained, your choice)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- Optional: food coloring
- Optional: superfine sugar
1. Prepare a 6-inch pan by wetting it lightly with water.
2. Place the gelatin in 4 tbsp of water to soften for about 5 minutes.
3. Place the juice, sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Stir in the gelatin and continue stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
5. At this point, add food coloring if desired.
6. Pour into prepared pan and leave until completely set.
7. When set, turn out of the pan and cut with a sharp knife or cookie cutter into desired shapes.
8. Jellies can be rolled in superfine sugar, if desired, or served plain.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|