Remember making funfetti cake as a little kid and licking the bowl until your tummy hurt? Well, now you can eat the cake mixture all you want without fear of getting sick from the raw egg contamination!
By mixing the pre-made funfetti cake batter with fresh ricotta, the flavors that you know and love are made into a completely edible mixture that is just as addicting as the real stuff. You can eat this dip with your fingers, with some salty potato chips, or even with apple slices.
And if you want to take it to the next level, then try this funfetti grilled cheese sandwich recipe because when it's grilled between two buttery slices of brioche bread, well, then it becomes even more insane and delicious. Just don't forget to share!
Here's the video for my funfetti grilled cheesesandwich on PopSugar!
- 3 tbsp Ricotta
- 1/2 tbsp sprinkles
- 1 tbsp dry funfetti cake mix
- 2 slices of brioche
- 2 pats salted butter (Obsessed with Kriemhild)
- Begin mixing the ricotta with the funfetti cake mix in a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, evenly smear the ricotta mixture onto one piece of bread and add a few sprinkles. Then add the other piece of bread on top and butter both sides of the sandwich.
- Add your buttered sandwich to a small frying pan or a panini press and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Let the sandwich cook very slowly to avoid burning. Since brioche has such a high fat content, it will burn faster than normal bread - so be sure to pay extra attention to this sandwich while you're making it! After the bread has crisped up, remove it from the pan and let sit for a minute before serving.