Garden fresh gluten-free tomato soup is so easy to prepare, the flavor beats anything in a can and it's a great way to use those last lingering tomatoes in your garden.
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 3 cups tomatoes (about 3 large tomatoes fresh, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3-4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- About 1/4 cup basil (fresh and loosely packed, coarsely chopped)
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- Place prepared tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs and seasonings in a large 2-quart saucepan. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender in small batches and blend on high for about 1 minute for each batch. Be careful not to overfill blender and hold the lid tightly down while blending. Pour soup back into saucepan and reheat briefly before serving. Garnish with fresh basil.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|