Whether as a side dish or as a meal, these kebabs are loaded with flavor and will satisfy any need. By grilling these indirectly the vegetables cook without any burning on the surface.
- 2 ears corn-on-the-cob (husked and cut into 3 pieces each)
- 3 small zucchini (each cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 large onion (cut into 12 wedges)
- 12 large fresh mushroom caps
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- For the Basting Liquid:
- 1/2 cup/120 mL butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL fresh dill weed (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL lemon juice
Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling. Boil corn for about 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool enough to handle. Place vegetables on kebabs alternating between vegetables. Stir together baste ingredients and brush over kebabs. Place kebabs on hot grill over the unlit part. Grill for 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are cooked completely. Brush occasionally with the baste.