This tasty grilled potato and onion dish is an easy and convenient side dish. Try it the next time you grill chicken or fish for a quick and delicious weekday meal.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup (240 mL) Monterey jack cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) coarse ground black pepper
1. Preheat grill. Place potatoes topped with onions and butter on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Top with seasonings, dill, and garlic. Seal potatoes in foil and place on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes on high heat. Turn potatoes once during cooking process.
2. The last five minutes of cooking, open foil and sprinkle potatoes with cheese. Reseal foil and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|