A quick and delicious burger patty that uses ingredients already in your pantry. For a fast weekday meal or impromptu get together, consider these delicious patties. Serve on hamburger buns or in lettuce wraps if looking for a low carb option.
- 2 pounds/900 g ground beef (preferably chuck)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL chili powder
- 6 slices cheddar cheese (sharp)
1. Preheat grill for medium heat.
2. Combine beef remaining ingredients, except for the salt and cheese. Form into 6 patties. Season patties with salt right before they go onto the grill.
3. Using tongs, a high smoke point oil like grapeseed or avocado oil, and paper towels, oil the grill grates well. Place patties onto grill and cook for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
During the last minute or two of cooking, place cheese slices on and cook 1-2 minutes until cheese has melted.
3. Remove from heat and serve on a toasted bun or in a iceburg lettuce wrap with your favorite condiments. They can also be sliced and served in pitas with yogurt sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|