This garlic ginger salmon recipe is a great example of how Asian flavors really enhance this fish. If you're looking for a quick, easy, and delicious salmon recipe, give this a try.
Makes 2 Servings of Garlic Ginger Basil Salmon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons basil (chopped)
- 2 (six-ounce) center-cut salmon fillets
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Add all the ingredients, except the salmon and oil, into a small bowl, and mix to combine. Season both sides of the salmon with salt.
Add the vegetable oil to a non-stick skillet, and preheat on medium-high flame. When hot, cook the salmon for about 4 minutes per side. For the last minute of cooking, pour the sauce into the pan. The sauce will thicken, and as it does spoon over the salmon to glaze.
Turn off the heat, transfer the salmon to a plate, and drizzle with the thickened sauce.