Get ready for an explosion of flavor from these fantastic pork burgers. Packed full of deliciousness, these burgers are further complimented by the crunchy sweet yet, tart slaw that is sure to be a taste bud tantalizer.
- For the Burgers
- 2 pounds/900 g ground pork
- 1/2 cup/120 mL green onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL pepper flakes (use less if preferred)
- Optional: 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
- 5-6 large hamburger buns
- For the Slaw:
- 1 cup/240 mL napa cabbage (chopped)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL carrots (shredded)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL seedless cucumbers (sliced thinly)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL honey
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- Combine vegetables for slaw with soy sauce mixture in a small glass bowl.
- Top with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator until ready to use.
- It will remain crisp for up to 4-6 hours.
- Combine ground pork with green onion, garlic, soy and hoisin sauces, rice wine vinegar, pepper flakes, mint and salt in a large bowl.
- Make into 5-6, 1/2 inch thick patties and place on greased baking sheet.
- Be sure to apply nonstick cooking spray to the tops of patties to prevent sticking on the grill.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place patties onto grill and cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches a safe 165 F.
- For a more delicious burger, brush the insides of buns with oil and place onto the grill for a minute or two.
- Remove buns and patties from heat, assemble and top with slaw mixture.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|