This grilled chicken has a fantastic garlic and lemon flavor complemented by the savory rub mixture. A delightful rotisserie chicken fit for any occasion.
- 1 3 1/2 to 4-pound/1.6 to 1.8 kg chicken
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 1 head garlic (cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- For the Rub:
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL freshly ground pepper
Preheat grill for high heat and arrange for rotisserie cooking. Remove fat found in chicken cavity and wash thoroughly inside and out. Blot chicken dry. Rub with half of garlic and then with half of lemon. Apply some of the rub onto chicken, and place remaining lemon and garlic inside. Truss the chicken and brush outside with oil. Add remaining rub mixture. Place chicken onto spit securely. Cook chicken until skin is a deep golden brown color and meat is cooked through.
About 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. The internal temperature of the chicken should between 165 to 170 degrees F/75 degrees C. Transfer chicken to a large platter, cover, and let rest for 5-7 minutes before carving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||45 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|