These simple garlic mashed potatoes are made with lots of garlic, milk, and butter. Use a lower fat milk to cut calories a bit, or use half-and-half for a richer mash.
- 7 cups peeled and cubed baking potatoes, such as Russets
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup milk, low-fat, regular, or
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, optional
- 2 tablespoons butter (or more if you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water and then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes.
- Place drained potatoes and garlic in a large mixing bowl.*
- Add remaining ingredients; mash or beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
*If you have a potato ricer, put the potatoes through it as you add them to the mixing bowl. This makes the mashed potatoes much smoother.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|