With their savory dusting of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper, these carrots taste almost more like French fries – and are just as addictive! This is an easy side dish to put together that will go over especially well with children.
- 1 pound bag baby carrots (or 1 pound carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces and halved or quartered to make sticks)
- 2 tablespoons
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir the carrots in the bowl to coat completely with the oil and seasonings.
- Spread the carrots in single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring halfway through to turn over the carrots and ensure that they cook evenly until the carrots are tender and starting to brown.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|