If you wonder what to do with the garlic scapes you picked up at your local farmer's market, here's a recipe for you. Garlic scapes give this tasty dressing a light garlic flavor and beautiful green color.
- 2 garlic scapes (coarsely chopped)
- 2 green onions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or similar brown mustard)
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cupextra virgin olive oil
- In a blender, combine the garlic scapes, onions, honey, mustard, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- With blender on low, slowly add the olive oil until well blended.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|