This is a simple and delicious grilled pheasant recipe that uses wine, citrus and garlic as the base flavor components. Perfect for special occasions and even better served with grilled vegetables.
- 1 (2 to 3 pounds) pheasant
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse pheasant and pat dry with paper towel. Take kitchen shears or sharp knife and cut pheasant into quarters. Place pieces in a resealable plastic bag.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture over pheasant, seal bag, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove pheasant from the plastic bag, reserving marinade. Place pieces on lightly-oiled grill rack and allow to cook for 15 minutes, basting occasionally with marinade.
- Reduce to medium heat and continue basting for another 15 minutes. Discard remaining marinade after this point. Let bird cook for a total of 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, let rest for 5 minutes, carve and serve with your favorite side dishes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|