|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||69%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This pork loin roast is stuffed full of sausage, cheese, pine nuts and other delicious ingredients. This is a great dish for special occasions.
- 4 to 5 pounds/1.8 to 2.3 kg pork loin roast
- 1/2 pound/226 g ground pork
- 1/2 pound/225 g Italian sausage (unpacked)
- 1 1/4 cups/300 mL finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup/120 mL chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup/120 mL pine nuts
- 1/2 cup/120 mL grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup/240 mL dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup/60 mL milk
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1 cup of the parsley with the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese and garlic. Blend well and set aside. In a separate bowl combine the ground pork, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, milk, egg, pepper and remaining 1/4 cup/60 mL of parsley. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling Butterfly or roll cut the pork loin roast. Spread a thin layer of the herb, cheese mixture over one side of the pork loin. Form the meat mixture into a log down the center of the pork loin. Fold up the side so they over lap in the middle. Tie securely with kitchen twine and place on the indirectly heated portion of the grill. Cook, turning occasionally for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F/74 degrees C., in a couple of spots. Once cooked, remove from grill and let roast rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.