This is a 24-hour marinade, guaranteed to please every time. The chicken or turkey is always moist and tender. Use half of the recipe for chicken or the full recipe for a turkey of any size.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup chives (fresh, minced)
- 1/2 cup sage (fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 cup oregano (fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1/4 cup thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- In a small bowl, whisk together, the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and the mustard. Add all of the rest of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend before marinating the meat. Use half of the turkey marinade at first, then marinate twice more while smoking.
- Fill the cavity of the turkey with apples, oranges, and sweet onions. Put the turkey in a pan on the grates. Smoke at 250 to 300 degrees F until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F, about 3 hours.
Note: Cook the turkey in an oven bag in the oven for 1 1/2 hours to cut down the smoking time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||226 g|
|Saturated Fat||33 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||160 g|
|Dietary Fiber||45 g|