|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Bourbon, peach, ginger, and basil make up a fantastic drink that will have you singing "Georgia On My Mind" right along with Ray Charles. It's fun, fresh, and a great whiskey cocktail, offering a new taste when you're in the mood for something different but easy at the same time.
The wonderfully flavored drink was created by Judy Bronson, a cocktail enthusiast and psychologist by trade. What's most enjoyable is that she has taken common ingredients that are easy to find and combined them in an intriguing way. The way the whiskey plays off the fresh basil and the contrast between the sweet peach nectar and snappy ginger liqueur is a delight for the taste buds. It's an unforgettable drink that you'll definitely want to share with friends.
Gather the ingredients.
Add the whiskey, ginger liqueur, pear nectar, and bitters. Fill the shaker with ice.
Shake vigorously to chill and blend the flavors.
Serve with two thin straws and enjoy!
- Tearing the basil leaves speeds up the muddling process and helps release the essential oils.
- Peach nectar is relatively easy to find. Look for it in the juice aisle of your local grocery store.
- Four Roses makes a full line of bourbon whiskies and they really are a great choice for this cocktail. The flagship of the brand, known as "Yellow Label," is an affordable Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey that's excellent for everyday mixing. You can also try out their Small Batch or Single Barrel for a nice upgrade.
- For a cocktail that's a little lighter on the alcohol but not on the taste, use a ginger syrup rather than the liqueur.
- Give the drink a touch of sparkle by adding a splash of club soda or ginger ale.
- If you feel like a simple DIY project, replace the peach nectar in this recipe with the pecan peach water from the sweet meat cocktail. The additional flavors of pecan and honey will work very well against the ginger.
How Strong Is a Georgia on My Mind?