This Georgia style peach bread is delicious and easy to make. Georgia is home to some of the best peaches, so it's no wonder that folks from there found a way to put it in bread. Top this peach bread with pecans and we can be sure you will not regret it.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups peaches (pureed)
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans (chopped, or walnuts)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light.
- Add eggs and beat well. Add peach puree and dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Stir in vanilla and chopped pecans and until blended.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans. Bake at 325 F for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|