|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This German potato salad is a nice change of pace from the mayonnaise-based salads. The dressing is a bacon flavored sweet-sour mixture, making it lighter than most.
- 12 strips bacon (divided)
- 6 cups diced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped, for garnish)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Dice 6 strips of the bacon. Fry the diced bacon along with the 6 whole strips in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Remove the whole slices to paper towels to drain; set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until fork-tender. Drain and keep hot.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, vinegar, and water; slowly add it to diced bacon and bacon drippings in the skillet, cooking and stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened.
- Put the hot potatoes in a large bowl with the sliced hard-boiled eggs. Add the green onions and then gently toss with the hot dressing.
- Garnish with the whole bacon slices and a tablespoon or two of chopped parsley; serve hot.