|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Many of the best mixed drinks are also the easiest, and the gin buck certainly falls into that category. All you need for this refreshing mixed drink is your favorite gin and ginger ale. It's one of the many great gin and soda highballs and incredibly easy to mix up.
The beauty of the gin buck is in its simplicity and universal appeal. Some drinkers don't enjoy the dryness of a gin and tonic or the tart lime of a gin rickey. The gin buck falls right in the middle, opting for the semi-sweet flavor of ginger ale. It's ideal for happy hour, dinner, or anytime you want a quick and casual drink.
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the gin into an ice-filled highball glass.
Top with ginger ale.
Garnish with the lemon wedge.
Serve and enjoy!
- Nearly any gin works well in this drink. It's a perfect recipe to save money, and budget-friendly gins like Gordon's are a good choice. Or, try the gin buck with a premium gin base such as Tanqueray or Aviation.
- There are also many great ginger ales to try. Vernors is a classic choice, while Q Ginger is a modern creation that's less sweet and designed specifically for cocktails. You can also make your own ginger ale and have complete control over the flavor.
- Try out a variety of gin and ginger ale combinations. You might find that one brand of gin is best with a particular ginger ale, or that another gin requires a little less soda.
- If you make the gin buck with a splash of lemon juice, you will have a leap frog.
- Add lime juice and it's called a dragonfly.
- Switch to Irish whiskey and you have an Irish buck (or whiskey and ginger). Other spirits work wonderfully with ginger ale, too.
- Commonly made with ginger beer, the foghorn sometimes uses ginger ale. The recipe adds lime juice and is great with Old Tom Gin.
- A classic gin highball, the gin fizz takes the sparkling drink to a new level. Be sure to try it with egg white so you get an authentic taste of the classic drink.
- A modern creation, the gin gin mule pairs gin with ginger beer, along with the refreshing taste of fresh mint.
- The Tom Collins uses club soda, adds simple syrup, and prefers lemon juice.
How Strong Is the Gin Buck?