|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||23%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|Total Sugars 15g|
|Vitamin C 39mg||195%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There are countless gingerbread martini recipes and many of those require a complicated array of spices to recreate the flavor of freshly baked gingerbread cookies. This recipe takes an easier route and opts for a gingerbread liqueur instead.
The gingerbread man-tini recipe begins much like a vodka martini. It uses citrus vodka and dry vermouth, then spices things up with the sweet taste of gingerbread liqueur. Add a little simple syrup if you like (depending on the liqueur you find) and wipe the rim with a lime wedge and you have a cozy martini that's perfect for the holiday season.
Gather the ingredients.
Cut a small slit in a lime wedge and rub it around the rim of a frozen cocktail glass. Place it as a garnish using the cut to mount it on the rim.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the citrus vodka, gingerbread liqueur, dry vermouth, and simple syrup.
Strain into the prepared glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- Choose a premium brand of vodka for this cocktail as the quality will make the difference between a great cocktail and a mediocre one.
- Gingerbread liqueurs are not extremely common and they're very seasonal, but they are out there. Quite often, you'll see them pop up in liquor stores around the holidays when people get cravings for gingerbread.
- Hiram Walker and Kahlua are two well-known brands that have produced gingerbread liqueurs. However, neither is produced every year. From the United Kingdom, you can find the liqueur from brands like Pennington's. Mr. Stack's is an inexpensive brand that's sold at some online liquor stores, and Massenez Crème de Gingerbread is a premium option. Others may come and go on the market, so keep an eye out for any new gingerbread spirits and give them a try.
- Some gingerbread liqueurs will be sweeter than others, so skip the simple syrup if needed.
- In a pinch, you can also use a gingerbread syrup. Intended to flavor coffee, syrup companies like DaVinci, Monin, and Torani offer the flavor. In this case, skip the cocktail's plain simple syrup or the drink will be too sweet.
- If you feel like an adventure, take that gingerbread syrup and make your own liqueur. Brandy would be a fantastic base for your experiments.