- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 pounds chicken breast fillets, skinned
- 1 cup peeled and diced mangoes
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan. Add the garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Then, add the fillets. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the mango with the sugar, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture over the cooked fillets and gently mix to cover the chicken pieces. Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot with a fresh green vegetable and a side dish of rice.
Recipe Source: Tropic Cooking by Joyce LaFray Young (Ten Speed Press)
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||44 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|