Homemade caramel corn is buttery, crunchy, sweet, and best of all, it's naturally gluten-free! Plus, when you make your own, it's warm and fresh, a quality that's hard to find in a can or bag. If you like, you can use organic popcorn, butter, sugar, and agave syrup for an extra special treat.
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Pop 5 quarts of popcorn and place in a large roasting pan.
- Put butter, sugar, agave syrup (or corn syrup) and cream of tartar in a large pan. Over medium heat, melt the mixture, stirring to prevent burning.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and baking soda and stir to mix.
- Carefully pour this mixture over the popcorn. Gently stir to coat the popcorn thoroughly.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and pour on a large baking sheet to cool. Use a spatula to separate the warm clumps.
Note: If you want to freeze your treat, first let the caramel corn cool completely. Seal tightly in freezer bags, and bring to room temperature to serve.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|