|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Here is a recipe for a gluten-free Chex-style mix that illustrates just how easy it is to substitute gluten-free products in classic recipes with great results. This snack mix looks and tastes as good as the original.
- 9 cups rice cereal (gluten free Chex-style)
- 3 cups pretzels (gluten-free)
- 1 cup pecans (OR your favorite nuts)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons salt (gluten-free, seasoned)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoons onion powder (gluten-free)
Preheat oven to 250 F
Place olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings in a large roasting pan and stir to blend.
Add cereal, pretzels, and nuts. Gently stir to coat all ingredients thoroughly.
Place uncovered in the preheated oven. Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.