|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||47%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||36%|
|Total Carbohydrate 54g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Kids (and adults) will love these golden, crispy chicken nuggets, which are incredibly crispy thanks to an easy homemade gluten-free panko-style breading.
Pair these gluten-free chicken nuggets with a creative homemade sauce or simply with ketchup.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Italian herb seasoning blend OR gluten-free garlic powder
- 1 large egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil (whisked together)
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup olive oil for pan-frying
- 1/4 cup canola oil for pan-frying
Gather the ingredients.
Place the Gluten-Free Rice Chex in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the cereal into coarse flakes. Set aside.
Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.
Set aside three 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
In the second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
In third dish, combine crushed Gluten-Free Rice Chex and grated Parmesan cheese.
Coat each chicken nugget first in flour mixture, then dip in egg-olive oil mixture and finally, evenly coat with the Rice Chex crumbs.
Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.
Serve and enjoy!
- Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
- To make your own light and crunchy gluten-free panko-style bread crumbs at home, simply place three cups of Gluten-Free Rice Chex Cereal in a large Ziploc bag and crush into crumbs with a rolling pin. Season with dried herbs of choice and use in place of bread crumbs in a variety of recipes.