Gluten-free cornbread stuffing begins with gluten-free cornbread, which you can make with your favorite recipe or mix or buy prepared.
Add crumbs from your favorite everyday gluten-free bread in this recipe. One option is gluten-free walnut rosemary bread, which adds a fragrant, savory flavor. Make the bread and bread crumbs ahead of time and freeze to use for the recipe. This stovetop dressing becomes a welcome, fast, and easy holiday recipe.
- 2 cups gluten-free cornbread crumbs, dry
- 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs, dry
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped with leafy tops
- 1 cup green onions, sliced (about 8 green onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons gluten-free savory herb blend (or poultry herb blend—see tips)
- 3/4 to 1 cup gluten-free chicken or turkey stock
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add celery, onions, and garlic and saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and dry herb blend.
- Pour poultry stock into the pan. Stir to blend. Adjust seasonings and slowly add more stock if necessary.
- Heat through and serve.
Gluten-free herb sources include Tone's, Durkee, and Spice Island. Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten.
Always read product labels as manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|