Homemade gluten-free cream soups aren't hard to make and gluten-free sweet rice flour is an excellent thickener! Gluten-free cream of mushroom soup takes less than 20 minutes to make, with a creamy fresh flavor.
Gluten-free cream of mushroom soup is a versatile recipe because you can use it to make classic dishes like gluten-free tuna casserole.
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onions
- 2 minced
- garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free sweet rice flour
- 1 cup low sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Garnish with fresh sliced
- basil (optional)
- Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic with butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle gluten-free sweet rice flour over vegetables and stir to blend the rice flour into the mixture. Continue to cook vegetables with sweet rice flour while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Gradually stir in gluten-free chicken broth and stir to blend. Add cream or milk and continue to cook over medium heat until soup thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|