What makes this gluten-free french toast recipe so delicious is gluten-free breakfast bread, a moist, slightly sweet and flavorful high protein egg bread.
- 8 slices gluten-free bread
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk (or dairy-free substitute, such as coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey)
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for frying
- Combine eggs, milk or dairy substitute, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a shallow bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Dip slices of homemade breakfast bread in the egg mixture. Allow both sides of the bread to soak up as much egg mixture as it will hold (like a sponge!).
- Heat oil on medium-high in a large, heavy skillet and fry coated bread slices. When golden brown, flip and cook the second side until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and a dusting of powdered sugar.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|