|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Gluten-free nachos make a terrific gluten-free snack or appetizer for the whole crowd, gluten-free or not. Gluten-free corn tortilla chips are easy to find, and this recipe for gluten-free "macho" nachos is loaded with beef, cheese, and lots of veggies.
- 12 ounces of gluten-free corn tortilla chips
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, grated (or Monterey Jack or your favorite blend of hard cheeses; about 6 cups grated)
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup red or orange Bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup pickled Jalapeno peppers (blot dry)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (blot dry)
- 1/2 cup green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes (chopped and blot dry)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh and chopped)
Brown lean ground beef in a heavy pan. Drain excess fat. Stir in gluten-free taco seasoning. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 F
In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish spread a layer of 1/3 of gluten-free corn chips.
Sprinkle 1/3 of cooked hamburger evenly over chips.
Sprinkle 1/3 of each - chopped yellow onions, Bell pepper, jalapenos, black olives, green onions and tomatoes evenly over hamburger layer.
Sprinkle 1/3 cup shredded cheese evenly over the vegetables.
Repeat this process with two more layers.
Bake in preheated the oven for about 20 minutes or just until cheese melts.
Remove from oven and sprinkle top with fresh chopped cilantro.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.