I love easy, delicious, one pan weeknight suppers. A hearty meal with minimal clean-up? Oh, yes.
This chicken skillet dish is filled with robust Mediterranean flavors. Kalamata olives, oregano, lemon, and tomatoes in a white wine sauce present such rich layers of flavor for such simple ingredients.
One of my favorite ingredients to work with recently is Melissa's Dried Tomatoes. I came upon a bag in the produce aisle of my local grocery store, and they are now a pantry staple. Reconstituted in boiling water then chopped, the tomatoes bear an intense Roma tomato flavor - much more potent and flavorful than adding Roma tomatoes themselves. I love them in this dish for that intense, robust flavor without the oil that typically accompanies sundried tomatoes.
The cornstarch from the dredged chicken breast tenders doubles as a sauce thickener. The result is juicy, tender chicken, a thick sauce chock full of olives and tomatoes, and a very satisfying meal.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 cup gluten-free cornstarch
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes, reconstituted with boiling water and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Place chicken breast tenders in a large mixing bowl. Add gluten-free cornstarch and toss to coat.
- Heat grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Shake off excess cornstarch from each chicken breast tender, then add to the skillet in a single layer. Cook 5 minutes, then flip and cook for additional 5 minutes until just about cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and arrange in an even layer on a large plate covered with paper towels. Set aside.
- Add the dried tomatoes to a small mixing bowl. Pour enough boiling water over top to cover. Let sit for 2-3 minutes until softened. Drain, then chop reconstituted dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Add white wine slowly to the skillet to deglaze the pan. Stir gently. Add the minced shallot and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes, chicken broth, and lemon juice to the skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast tenders back to the pan along with the reconstituted tomatoes, olives, and dried oregano. Stir gently and cook for about 5 minutes, until the liquid thickens and chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat. Serve over lentils, gluten-free pasta, steamed brown rice, quinoa...or simply enjoy by itself!
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels - not all brands are created equal. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|