This decadent gluten-free version of New York cheesecake is made with 2 pounds of cream cheese and 1 pound of sour cream.
With a gluten-free graham cracker crust and canned cherry pie filling for topping, the result of this easy recipe is a spectacular, wildly crowd-pleasing dessert.
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, about 6 ounces (try Kinnikinnick Gluten-Free Smoreable Graham Crackers)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pounds softened cream cheese (4 8-ounce packages)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour OR cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 21-ounce can
- cherry pie filling
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 F/163 C
- Set aside a 9-inch springform cake pan
- Place gluten-free graham crackers in a plastic zip bag and finely crush with a rolling pin. Pour crumbs into a mixing bowl. Add sugar and nutmeg and stir to thoroughly blend. Add melted butter and stir to combine.
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of springform pan. Don't press the crumbs on the sides of the pan. Refrigerate while preparing the cheesecake filling.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add sweet rice flour, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat on high until smooth.
- Remove crust from refrigerator. Pour cheesecake filling into springform pan. Smooth top with a spatula and bake for 45 minutes.
- While cheesecake is baking, place remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a bowl and whisk it until smooth and blended.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. Use a spatula to spread sour cream topping over the baked cheesecake with a light touch. Return cake to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake there for 1 hour before removing.
- Cool completely and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- While cake is cooling combine cherry pie filling, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir to blend. Spread cherries over chilled cheesecake just before serving.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||22 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|