|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 to 12 wedges (serves 12)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 59g||76%|
|Saturated Fat 36g||178%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This absolutely luscious, ultra decadent gluten-free Irish Cream chocolate cheesecake recipe is actually an easy, no-bake recipe. It's a perfect special occasion or holiday gluten-free dessert recipe and whether on gluten-free diets or not, people will swoon over this super silky cheesecake.
I find that it's best to cut this 8-inch cheesecake into 12 wedges just because it's so incredibly rich. And a dollop of whipped cream and berries are a nice addition when serving to offset the richness of this Irish Cream inspired dessert.
Our recipe is a gluten-free adaption of the recipe "Irish Cream Cheesecake" which appears in the cookbook Irish Pub Cooking by Love Food Publications.
- For Cookie Crumb Crust:
- 6 ounces cookies (gluten-free chocolate cream sandwiches or gluten-free chocolate chip cookies work well)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 pint chilled heavy cream (or 2 cups whipped cream)
- 3 tablespoons Irish Cream liqueur
- Garnish: whipped cream
- Garnish: raspberries or blueberries
Note: while there are multiple steps to this recipe, this cheesecake is broken down into workable categories to help you better plan for preparation and cooking.
Prepare the Cookie Crust
Gather the ingredients.
Prep an 8-inch springform pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit. Butter bottom and sides of the pan. Place cut parchment paper in bottom and press to fit. Butter top of parchment paper. Set aside.
Place gluten-free cookies in a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Melt the butter and stir into crumbs. Stir to blend. Press cookie crumb mixture into bottom of the pan. Chill for one hour.
Prepare the Filling
Gather the ingredients.
Place the chocolate chips in a four-cup microwave-safe bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute. Remove from oven and stir. Return to microwave and continue to cook on high for 1 more minute. Stir chocolate chips which should be completed, or almost completely melted. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Place the cold, heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add the 2 tablespoons sugar and whip just until peaks forms. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the Irish Cream liqueur and beat until blended.
Use a large spatula to fold the cooled melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
Fold the prepared whipped cream into chocolate cream cheese mixture. Continue to fold the whipped cream in until the mixture doesn't have streaks of cream.
Scoop the mixture into springform pan and use a spatula to smooth the top of the cheesecake.
Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight before cutting and serving.
To serve, cut into 8 to 12 wedges and top with a dollop of whipped cream and berries.
- Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans, and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.