Here's a simple quick and easy gluten-free rice pilaf with fresh parsley and almonds. This simple rice dish would make a nice gluten-free side dish perfect for a vegetarian meal, or, add some veggies and make it a main dish. This recipe is vegetarian and vegan as well as gluten-free and wheat-free.
Recipe courtesy of Ener-G Foods.
More Tips for Cooking Gluten-Free
- Kid-Friendly Gluten-Free Recipe & Food Ideas
- Wheat & Gluten-Free Ideas for Every Meal
- Cooking a Gluten-Free Holiday Meal
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups homemade gluten-free vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Toast Basmati rice in 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet or saucepan until it is golden brown. Add vegetable broth and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes. Rice should be tender and all liquid absorbed. When fully cooked, Basmati rice will have a nice texture and not be mushy.
- Stir in soy sauce, parsley and almonds. Cover and let rice steam over low heat until parsley is just heated through.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|